1. WP Engine Review
WordPress has become the most widely used application when it comes to supporting websites. For that matter, many web hosts have come into existence. WP Engine is among the top-notch hosting services which offer excellent uptime, monthly data transfers are unlimited, security which is specific to WordPress. Let’s review the WP engine in detail.
WP Engine Plans
- Personal: Costs $29/month – 1 WordPress installation – 10GB Storage.
- Professional: Costs $99/month – 10 WordPress installations – 20GB Storage.
- Business: Costs $249/month –25 WordPress installations – 30GB Storage.
- Premium: Costs $99/month – 150 WordPress installations – 300GB Storage.
Email Hosting & Domain Name
WP Engine doesn’t offer email hosting or register the domain names. So, you will have to sign-up with a third party for email hosting and get your domain name registered through a URL registrar.
Why WP Engine Service?
WP Engine is the top recommendation of many people for various reasons:
WP Engine Security Features
The WP Engine includes the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate that safeguards your site servers from the data sent by the customer’s computers. It also performs malware scans daily alongside having a firewall to help you block the threats. The web host also claims to repair the damage in case your site is hacked completely free of charge.
The WP Engine provides an excellent uptime as it will ping the website every 15 minutes and would send you an email if it is unable to contact the site beyond a minute. So, you can trust it for delivering a rock-solid hosting experience.
Customer Support and Guarantee
The customer support at WP Engine is quick and effective when it comes to answering the queries of the customers. However, the toll-free support is only available to the Professional subscribers or beyond. But the Personal subscribers do have the option to live chat for their queries. WP Engine also offers a 60-day money-back guarantee, however, the refund isn’t applicable for the Premium and Enterprise plans.
Up for: 31d 11h 20m Overall uptime: 100 %
US (W): 70 ms, US (E): 15 ms, London: 114 ms, Singapore: 235 ms, Sao Paulo: 231 ms, Pune: 352 ms, Sydney: 205 ms, Japan: 218 ms
- Excellent uptime.
- Good customer service.
- Unlimited monthly data transfers.
- Daily backups.
- Malware scanning and removal.
- Useful Staging Area.
- Visitor caps.
- No phone support for Personal plan subscribers.
- No Windows-based servers.
- Doesn’t sell domain names or email.
The WP Engine comes at a high price but provides 100% uptime guarantee along with other solid features including one-click restore points, automated daily backups, and hacker cleanup guarantee. All these features help a great deal to make your life easier. So, if you are willing to pay a high price for speed, reliability, and peace of mind, then go for it. Plus, it also offers 60-days money back guarantee so you can always give it a try.
2. SiteGround Review
SiteGround is enlisted among the most widely used and preferred website hosting services all over the world. The customers are very satisfied with their services and they have as many as 1,000,000 domains. SiteGround has given the satisfaction to about thousands of customers worldwide. Client surveys are conducted annually to get feedback from clients and to see whether the customers are satisfied enough.
SiteGround offers the following Plans:
- Startup: Costs $9.95 per month – hosts one website – 10GB Storage – 1,000 monthly visitors.
- GrowBig: Costs $14.95 per month – hosts unlimited websites – 20GB Storage – 25,000 visitors.
- GoGeek: Costs $29.95 per month – hosts unlimited websites – 30GB Storage – 100,000 visitors.
SiteGround is the top recommendation of many people for various reasons:
SiteGround returns to the basic queries from customers in English and Spanish. In fact, the SiteGround website is actually found in about nine territories. Be it a query about live chat, phone support or ticketing, it promises and even keeps the promise to respond initially to it within 10 minutes.
It may take a long while to solve a query but that is necessary so as to assure that the on to be resolved by the right person. Mostly, it takes a matter of hours even if it requires being passed on to multiple tech support operatives.
An important aspect while discussing your website is that of security. This means that a site that is safe from being hacked is very significant for obvious reasons. This is the one important reason why one must choose SiteGround.
The data locations for SiteGround are found in various places like Chicago, the UK, the Netherlands, Italy, and Singapore because these places are very reliable and present a great global reach. The locations should suit the visitors. So there are more options to pick from while signing up.
Server Response Time
The Server response time is basically the hosting server’s job. He must send out the desired files to the visitor’s browser as fast and competently as possible. SiteGround promises good speed and lives up to it.
SiteGround gives a guarantee of up to 99% on uptime over 12 months on average. Their team constantly tests with various configurations. It keeps the hardware upgraded for their loyal servers. It is made sure by them that their hosted accounts are being sent to the latest hardware configurations once advanced leading to an optimum performance.
- The hosting Company is innovative.
- Datacenter choices.
- Price and Service both are amazing.
- The backup plan needs to be improved to make pricing clearer.
It is most definitely worth it since it is the top hosting service at a cheap price. It is recommended by everyone because of its performance, secure domain hosting and for being the fastest with customer support.
3. A2 Hosting Review
The A2 web host has altered the webmasters’ opinions over shared hosting services. It offers amazing speed with shared hosting. However, speed is not the only criteria as to why a particular hosting service must be chosen. Rather, it depends on your needs. Specific hosting providers would be better comparatively than the others according to your needs.
A2 hosting services have always been in favor of advanced technology. So basically, A2 is a reliable and high-speed company.
A2 Hosting Plans
- Shared Hosting: Costs $7.99/month – Host your personal blog/site
- Reseller Hosting: costs $19.99/month – Host your own customers
- VPS Hosting: cost starts at $5/month – More power than Shared Hosting
- Dedicated Hosting: costs $119.99/month – For most intensive business needs
Why A2 Hosting Service?
Let us look into some reasons why one would choose A2 over the other hosting services:
Effective hosting companies believe in giving their best to progress their customer services as much as possible. A2 hosting tries to be practical rather than reactive. So basically, the general questions that its clients may ask are often answered beforehand in their Knowledge Base. But unfortunately, it did not do as well as anticipated. Easy questions like “change nameservers” did not really give good answers.
One of the most important aspects of selecting a web host is the uptime of the host. Your business or website could be of any type but it is necessary to be available to the site’s visitors mostly.
A2 provides a 99.9% uptime guarantee and the customers would agree to that. A2 Hosting guarantees maximum uptime by limiting the number of people on a shared hosting server. The prevention of overstuffing in this way lessens demands on a server with any spikes in traffic.
A2 hosting services have great performance because their locations are distributed among three continents. These are in Michigan (USA), Singapore (Asia) and Amsterdam (Europe). So you may get access to your closest location which results in improved speed and performance of your site. These are actually operative all day long.
A2 locations are SSAE16 certified, which offers a system with a gated parking lot that has a security key entry. Plus, it is necessary that you have a security key to enter the location. Video surveillance is an added measure of security. They also offer a double web hosting firewall which has features like virus scanning, security monitoring, and a forcing defense mechanism.
A2 Hosting also offers a full refund guarantee which can be availed at any time once you have signed up for an account.
- Unlimited Storage and Unlimited Data Transfer.
- 9 Uptime.
- Solid State Drives.
- Optimized WordPress Environment.
- Attracta SEO Tools.
- Anytime Money Back Guarantee.
- It requires Swift or Turbo Hosting Plan
- Server Rewind Backups.
- Turbo Server only available with the more expensive hosting plan.
A2 hosting has its pros and cons. Transparent pricing, good plans, good customer support and an easy interface is impressive. The service is not so bad but improvements are required. A few minor changes are required and it will become a genuine contender.
4. GoDaddy Review
Finding the optimal web hosting service for your website is like finding a home for yourself. While you must be looking for security and approachability, other features of an ideal web hosting plan very much depend on your individual need. GoDaddy is one of the top hosting services providers and proudly hosts 75 million domains at the moment.
GoDaddy is a USA based web hosting company and servers are located in USA, Netherlands, and Singapore.
- GoDaddy offers different domains: ranging from the classical .com to novel ones. Some examples are .co, .club, .xyz etc.
- The plans range from $11.99 per month to as low as $0.99 per month, for ultimate, deluxe and economy users respectively.
- They have different versions for different needs: plans range from the very basic personal blog to a heavy traffic fully featured website.
Why GoDaddy Hosting Service?
Here we review major features of these plans:
GoDaddy has its resources invested in state-of-the-art technology for hosting millions of websites. Since they own and manage the servers themselves, they claim 99.99 percent guaranteed uptime with the money back guarantee.
Security in the World Wide Web is a very vast topic. It essentially entails virus protection, data encryption where sensitive information is exchanged. GoDaddy security plans provide options for a daily scan, continuous monitoring, a service for emergency malware removal, codes to authenticate your web presence. Different SSL certificates are tailored according to different needs of the client. They have also priced accordingly.
GoDaddy offers plans for professional emails sign up. The plans start from $1.99 per month for 5 GB email storage and go up to $6.99 with 50 GB email storage. You can also include access to Office 365 with some additional costs.
GoDaddy not just promises 24/7 customer support but they have also won accolades for the best customer services by offering help just a call away.
- Reliable and experienced in domain registration
- Good security services
- Provides help with web development
- A reasonable promised uptime
- Fast page load times
- Low prices and promotions most part of the year
- Despite the acclaimed award-winning customer support, customers complain about their customer services
- There are better uptimes available in the market
GoDaddy has been a seasoned player in the domain registration and web hosting industry. Its low cost, ease of web development and high uptime make it a preferred choice for a lot of newbies as well as commercial website owners.
5. Bluehost Review
Bluehost provides a complete package for web hosting solution. It is listed among the prevalent web hosting companies. Moreover, Bluehost is an officially recommended hosting provider by WordPress. This web hosting service is accessible for everyone who needs full functionality on a limited budget.
Bluehost provides a shared hosting package that is the most suitable for starter websites. You can get their shared plan in any of the three levels they provide. Let’s take a quick look at their plans.
- The Basic Plan: Costs $7.99/month – hosts one website only – hosts one domain and 25 subdomains – Storage 50GB
- The Plus Plan: Costs $10.99 /month – hosts unlimited websites unlimited bandwidth and web space.
- The Prime Plan: Costs $14.99/month /month – hosts unlimited websites unlimited bandwidth and web space with Site Backup Pro and domain privacy.
Why BlueHost Service?
BlueHost is a recommended service for the following reasons.
The uptime of this host is outstanding as it pings the website every 15 minutes and sends an email of it is unable to contact the site for a minute. Bluehost is incredibly stable and doesn’t seem to ever go down.
The security-related features of Bluehost are pretty advanced like hotlink protection for the prevention of unauthorized use of your hosted images or other files and also draining your bandwidth. You’ll have the authority to block/unblock IPs. Features like account token validation and tools for fighting email spam like Spam Assassin, Spam Hammer, and Spam Experts make your website more secure.
Bluehost offers 24/7 telephone support to its customers along with online web chat. It has a ticket-based system and a knowledgebase.
- Bluehost has an overall uptime of 99.94%.
- The response time is <200 ms on average.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- Bluehost provides 24/7 live-chat, phone, and email support.
- Bluehost provides 30-day money-back guaranty.
- Every user gets a free domain name for 1 year as they signup.
- The hosting plans are within the reach of the majority, especially at the starting.
- Higher than average domain renewal prices.
- Bluehost provides an aggressive upsell process while signing up. But you have the option of unchecking all the Add-ons if you don’t need them.
We found Bluehost to be speedy and reliable with reasonable price rates. Besides, they also provide a friendly customer support 24/7. For this reason, Bluehost is highly recommended as one of the paramount WordPress hosting companies.
6. HostGator Review
Since 2002, the privately-owned company, HostGator, is a leading web hosting service. It is based in Houston, Texas. HostGator was a small hosting business having only three servers and is now a world-leading industry which is a known hosting provider having about 12,000 servers managing. About 4% of the internet traffic of the entire world is due to the more than five million domains hosted by this service. It provides its 400,000 clients with ground-breaking services created to match their existing businesses. The company has been attempting to improve and enhance their service.
- Hatchling Plan: Starts at $3.95/month – one domain, one-click installs, unlimited emails.
- Baby Plan: Starts $5.95/month – unlimited domain, one-click installs, unlimited emails.
- Business Plan: Starts $5.95/month – unlimited domain, one-click installs, unlimited emails, dedicated IP, Private SSL.
HostGator is a recommended service for the following reasons.
HostGator could have a better-organized support page for searching articles or resources. It is quite a task to navigate their knowledge base and many might not find the answers to their queries. But you may contact the customer support directly from the control panel. Rather, the first thing you as you log in on the site are the support tickets.
Disk space and Bandwidth
HostGator provides an unmetered disk space and bandwidth which is very low and only suffice for private websites or small industries. In fact, it is said that the clients using up more than 25% of system resources for one and a half minute must decrease their usage. HostGator has permission to dismiss your access to services if this continues.
Pingdom.com has recorded the uptime over the last 6 months. It is measured on just one test site but must offer an appropriate idea of how strong HostGator really servers are.
Downtime: 9 minutes
The locations for HostGator are present in Houston, Texas and Provo, Utah. The customers are not allowed to choose as to which location must have your servers.
Canceling on your plan can help you get the full refund by contacting HostGator services within the first 45 days.
- A widely recognized brand name in the web hosting industry
- Offers a wide variety of hosting plans which are available on both the Linus and Windows server platforms.
- A preferred choice for reseller services.
- Excellent customer support.
- Hosting plans ensure improved WordPress performance.
- The WordPress Cloud plans don’t have access to cPanel or phpMyAdmin.
It is a good site for people who desire a low-priced hosting option. It is popularly known for its unmetered hosting, which is good to host smaller websites. Their knowledge base may not be easy to navigate but they do offer a brilliant customer support. It is rather user-friendly and provides great support which does make it a good option for smaller sites rather than the larger ones.
7. InMotion Hosting Review
Being one of the largest independent web hosting companies all over the globe, inmotion hosting was founded in 2001. It has tried to develop a brand image as being the “nerd’s choice” that many businesses love.
It has successfully positioned itself among the few large and steady hosting businesses, not under the possession of Endurance International, which is a firm for many popular hosting brands, like HostGator, Bluehost, and iPage.
Inmotion Hosting Plans
- Shared Hosting Plan: Costs $2.95/month – fits most businesses
- VPS Hosting Plan: Costs $24.95/month – suitable for high-growth businesses with moderate web traffic
- Dedicated Servers Plan: Costs $99.99/month – fits big sites, high traffic, and root access
- Reseller Hosting Plan: Costs $13.99/month – suitable for building your web hosting business with unlimited seats
- WordPress Hosting Plan: Costs $2.95/month – optimized for WordPress performances and security
Why Inmotion Hosting?
This hosting service has the following amazing features:
Inmotion has a web chat that presses the customers to key in a question and then responds by providing helpful links but they were not so relevant. A human-based web chat exists and the customer is connected to a representative in a couple seconds and the information is then provided. Clients are generally very satisfied with InMotion’s customer service since they do answer queries in easier language for better understanding.
Uptime is an important feature of any hosting experience. Clients will not be able to find or access the site’s products or services if it is down. Fortunately, InMotion offers a reliable uptime. On being tested, it was revealed that InMotion site is down only briefly during the testing period. It is a stable and reliable site, but however, some sites like A2 do not go down during testing.
InMotion offers a rather generous 90-day money-back guarantee that has better refund policies than that of most other web hosts.
Inmotion has 2 locations, one on the east coast and west coast of the United States. It means that any time that the site is accessed; the information can be asked from either of the 2 locations. Basically, it can be generalized that the nearer a customer visiting the site is to the location, the faster the page loads for them.
The VPS and business-class clients have an additional feature called the “max speed zone”. This allows one to choose which location to use manually. It is quite useful to a couple of visitors in the same areas.
- Good uptime
- All of the plans offer unlimited email.
- Long money-back guarantee.
- User-friendly website-building software.
- Lacks Windows servers.
- No managed WordPress hosting.
Inmotion hosting services are solid and well-respected. Someone looking for hosting only a few websites on their account, who may also wish to pay a little premium for great support and performance, might actually love the services provided by the site.
8. DreamHost Review
DreamHost, a Los Angeles-based web hosting services provider, is owned by New Dream Network, LLC. It was introduced in 1996 by some students of Claremont College, California. It helps the users host their WordPress sites at reasonable prices. It has 400,000 active customers and is currently hosting over 1.5 million sites. It also offered ‘file hosting’ and ‘free application hosting’ in 2006 and 2009 respectively.
Let’s take a review of DreamHost web service in detail.
- Shared Hosting Plan: Starts at $7.95/month – Provides a free of cost Domain Registration with Annual Plans, Free one-click SSL certificates, Unlimited on Storage, Traffic, and Web sites. – Convenient WordPress Installs and Email addresses at your Domains are included.
- VPS Hosting Plan: Starts at $13.75/month – Highly managed Security, Performance, and Updates, Easy to use customized control panel and No limit on traffic and bandwidth – Unrestricted performance with your own server resources, Expandable storage, and RAM and Includes unlimited domains with Email, SSDs, and SSL.
- Dedicated Hosting Plan: 100% uptime Guaranteed, DDoS Protection, RAID 1 Storage, 24/7 Server Monitoring and Support.
The following features make DreamHost a recommended service:
Fast loading times and great uptime won’t mean a lot if you don’t get a great support to back it all up. DreamHost provides support through live-chat and email. Our experience with the live-chat agent got us detailed responses within seconds. It took us 5 minutes to get through with the live-chat agent. The support at DreamHost is not outsourced and is available 24/7.
DreamHost delivered an overall uptime of 99.73%, during a 12-month review process. They are so confident for their uptime that they provide an extra day of services in case any of their customer experiences downtime for just an hour.
Dreamhost provides a 97-days money-back guarantee which has become its key selling point as it is among the longest guarantee periods provided by any hosting company. The guarantee is applicable to shared hosting accounts which are paid for by using a credit card.
Dreamhost has its data centers on both the east and west coasts of the US. The customers aren’t given the choice to choose their preferred location and if they wish to change it they will need to raise a support ticket.
- Good uptime (99.76%)
- Page loading time is 18% faster than competitors (~870ms)
- High-quality, fast customer support and helpful
- SSD drives for speed.
- 97-day money-back guarantee
- If you experience downtime, you’ll get ‘free days’
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Support response time can be prolonged.
- No phone support.
- A non-standard host management panel.
- No low-priced starter plans.
- DreamHost is costlier than some other web hosts
- They have no cPanel
- Offers only a ‘one size fits all’ plan.
- Each visitor must be confirmed before their account is activated, because setup may be delayed.
DreamHost offers quite a robust set of features in wallet-friendly prices. However, the service is suitable for professionals in website administration and not for the newbies.
9. iPage Review
iPage has become one of the most economical yet successful hosting companies since its establishment in 1998l It offers shared, VPS, and dedicated hosting along with domain registrations while powering over a million websites worldwide. Let’s review its features in detail.
- WP Starter: Costs $3.75/month – Customized control panel – Important plugins preinstalled.
- WP Essential: Costs $6.95/month – Customized control panel – Important plugins preinstalled – SSD-based infrastructure, unlimited disk space, and malware protection.
The following features make it a recommended hosting service:
Provided that they offer a relatively cheaper hosting service, their uptime is among the highest. They have an average uptime of 99.97% over the past twelve months which is way better than many hosts lying in the same range.
iPage defends your email using anti-malware monitoring. You also have the option of defining the .htaccess file in order to restrict the access to the server as well as sections of the website according to your needs. Moreover, iPage also offers Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificates for $31.99/year.
iPage Hosting in the U.S and six offices in worldwide locations that serve over one million websites.
It has a responsive customer service team who are dedicated to answering all of your questions patiently and there technical support is always available to help you out with any issues.
It comes with a generous 30-day money back guarantee. You are sure to get your money back if you are not satisfied with the service unlike some of the services that play trickery.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- Unlimited disk space and email accounts.
- Money-back guarantee.
- Strong third-party application support.
- Uptime issues
- Lacks Windows-based hosting options.
iPage comes with many helpful website building tools but you may have to face uptime issues once your website starts running.
10. Liquid Web Review
Businesses require strong web hosting services for maintaining their online presence and Liquid Web has proved to be a reliable brand in this regard. It offers all the packages from cloud, dedicated, reseller to VPS and WordPress. It is one of the best services available but this quality does come at a price. Let’s review the service in detail.
Liquid Web Plans
- Standard Plan: Costs $12.46/month – 2 Domains – unlimited email accounts and 5 GB storage.
- Professional Plan: Costs $20.79/month – 5 Domains – unlimited email accounts and 40 GB storage.
- Storm VPD Plan: Costs $50/month – 5TB Monthly Bandwidth – Linux VPS hosting and 75GB storage.
- Storm VPD Plan: Costs $105/month – 5TB Monthly Bandwidth – Windows VPS hosting and 150GB storage.
- Intel Core i5-760 Plan: Costs $110/month – 5TB Monthly Bandwidth – Dedicated hosting and 453GB SATA storage.
Why Liquid Web?
The following features make Liquid Web outstanding:
The uptime of Liquid Web is extremely dependable as it will ping the website every 15 minutes and would send you an email if it is unable to contact the site beyond a minute. So, you can trust it for delivering a rock-solid hosting experience.
Liquid Web offers great security in the form of firewalls, malware scanning, SSL, VPN, and much more.
Liquid Web boasts an outstanding Support customer service team who assist you with any issue over the phone in a friendly manner. You can also use the web chat feature about any of your concerns.
Although Liquid Web is pricey its plans do come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Amazing dedicated, VPS, cloud, and reseller packages.
- Advanced Specs.
- Excellent Uptime.
- Outstanding Customer Service.
- Doesn’t offer Shared Hosting plans.
Liquid Web is outstanding as far as the uptime, security and customer support are concerned, however, it is pricey and doesn’t offer shared Web hosting.